Draw Kolleen Park!
Draw Kolleen Park! [Togethership with Kolleen Park – Open Art Contest]
Shinhan Bank and Artpoli together hold the [Togethership with Kolleen Park – Open Art Contest]. In this smart and social art event, artists apply works online at Artpoli, and popular works voted by viewers will be exhibited offline at Shinhan Gallery Yeoksam.
1. Entry: March 15 – April 12
- The subject should be Kolleen Park, musical director.
- Please refer to photos and videos from Shinhan Bank’s commercials, which feature Kolleen Park. Basing your work on other photos on the Internet may infringe the copyright of the holder. Here are some reference materials for your convenience:
- Photos: here
- Videos(Shinhan Bank commercials): here, here, here, and here.
- (Not a reference for your work) If you don't know who she is, some articles are here, here, here, and here. And some more videos of her.
- Any size is welcome, from very small up to 2-meter high.
- Any media, material or style is fine.
- You can submit as many works as you like.
- Submit works at http://www.artpoli.com/contests/1/ (You need to sign up as an Artpoli member, and apply for an artist membership. There is no fee for signing-up or the artist membership application.)
- There is no entry fee for the contest.
- The faster you submit your works, the more chances of being voted for. Move fast!
2. Vote for works (online): March 15 – April 12
- Recommend your favorite works at http://www.artpoli.com/contests/1/
- Also with your mobile phone at http://m.artpoli.com/contests/1
- Please recommend works, and share on Twitter, Facebook, blogs, etc.
3. Selection of works for offline exhibition: To be announced on April 14th.
- Popular works, based on number of votes by viewers, will be selected.
- The administrators may exclude works not appropriate for the nature of the exhibition.
4. Offline exhibition: April 28 – June 15, Shinhan Gallery Yeoksam (Mon – Sat, 10am – 6pm)
- Some photos of the the gallery. (http://www.artpoli.com/boards/4/posts/726)
5. Opening event: April 28, at 11 am.
- Kolleen Park will join and pick 3 works.
- Instant portrait event.
6. Vote for works (offline): April 28 – June 15
- Please recommend works you like at the offline exhibition.
7. Award of Works and Artists
- Most popular artist online (Based on an artist’s aggregate votes received online for all of his/her works submitted): a cash prize of 1,000,000 won, and an opportunity of invited exhibition at Shinhan Gallery Yeoksam next year
- Most popular artist offline (Based on an artist’s aggregate votes received offline for all of his/her works exhibited): a cash prize of 1,000,000 won, and an opportunity of invited exhibition at Shinhan Gallery Yeoksam next year
- Viewer participation awards: Select 100 people, who participated by voting, commenting, and sharing. A coupon of 20,000 won, that you can use forcommissioning a portrait at Artpoli will be given to each.
8. Special program
- Learn portrait art – Scheduled at 2pm on May 14, 28
- Select 20-30 people who have voted for works. (Family can be accompanied.)
- How to apply will be announced later.
- Publicity of Kolleen Park may not be used for any other purpose than creating a work for this event.
- Submitted works may not be sold until after the exhibition.
- The submitted art works can be purchased at Artpoli.com after the exhibition.
- Artist are not allowed to sell the poster, or other prints and reproductions of the work.
- Works selected for the offline exhibition are to be delivered to the gallery on April 18-19, and to be taken out on June 16-17.
[Motivation of the event]
- Celebrating the opening of Shinhan Gallery Yeoksam, Shinhan Bank visually shows its new direction in supporting art and wants to establish the new gallery as a proactive and multi-purpose art space.
- Broaden the enjoyment of art, using modern technologies like online social media and smartphones.
- Provide opportunities for many artists to show their work with online submission.
- Let many people enjoy art with a subject matter that can resonate.
- Shinhan Bank, the leading financial institution, collaborates with Artpoli, a small and experimental startup.
- Shinhan Gallery Yeoksam: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artpoli: http://twitter.com/artpoli_en, email@example.com